- News & MediaCLOSE
NIAF 40th Anniversary Gala Weekend- Evening
- Italian American Scholarship Database
- Grants & Sponsorships
- NIAF Fulbright Partnership
- Youth Programs
- Government Affairs
- Fauci Fellowships
- NIAF Relief Efforts
- NIAF in Italy
- News & Media
- Join NIAF Today
- Contact Us
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elissa Ruffino, 202-939-3106, firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, October 16, 2015
9:30 p.m. Joe Piscopo and Friends featuring Il Volo Celebrate Frank Sinatra’s 100th Birthday
Saturday, October 17, 2015
8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Events; 5:30- 6:30 p.m. Reception; 7 p.m. Dinner and Awards
The Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
2660 Woodley Road NW, Washington, D.C.
NIAF is celebrating a milestone with its 40th Anniversary Gala Weekend, culminating with its Awards Gala and After Hours Party on Saturday evening, October 17, at The Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. Join Award-winning Italian music trio Il Volo, who will be performing during the Gala Weekend!
NIAF Board member and Emmy Award-winning Fox News Anchor and Global Markets Editor Maria Bartiromo and SNL legend, NIAF Celebrity Ambassador, actor, entertainer and radio host Joe Piscopo, co-host one of the most popular black-tie galas in our nation’s capital.
The 2015 Gala honorees include:
- Amato L. Berardi, founder of Berardi & Associates Inc. and former member of the Italian Parliament;
- Richard E. Caruso, Ph.D., founder and director of Integra Life Sciences;
- Connie Francis, Italian American musical legend;
- Mario Gabelli, founder, chairman and CEO of GAMCO Investors Inc.;
- Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V.;
- Franco Nuschese, president of Georgetown Entertainment Group LLC;
- Steve Perillo, president and owner of Perillo Tours;
- Alfred M. Rotondaro, senior fellow at the Center for American Progress and former NIAF Executive Director;
- Josephine J. (Gargiulo) Templeton, M.D., trustee of the John Templeton Foundation
To open the weekend festivities on Friday evening, October 16, NIAF will host a celebration of Frank Sinatra’s 100th birthday in the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Ballroom. Beginning at 9:30 p.m., the evening will include live entertainment by Joe Piscopo, and special celebrity guests, dancing, an open bar, and special auction items.
Saturday highlights during the day include an IALC Leadership Forum addressing the issues surrounding Columbus Day; a movie screening; NIAF- Ieri, Oggi, Domani discussing the “State of the Community”; a free lunch featuring Italian specialties catered by Mike’s Deli of Arthur Avenue in New York; an all-day showcase of the best of Italian culture at Expo Italiana; and the always popular Gala Wine Tasting featuring a selection of wines throughout Italy.
Tickets to Saturday’s black-tie Gala begin at $400 per person and young professional tickets at $200 per person and available only by phone. Tickets to Friday evening’s celebration of Frank Sinatra’s 100th birthday cost $200 per person.
Proceeds benefit NIAF’s educational programs. For tickets or sponsor information, contact Jerry Jones at 202-387-0600 or email@example.com, or register online at https://www.niaf.org/40. Special discounted NIAF room blocks at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel are also available.
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the heritage and culture of Americans of Italian descent. Visit www.niaf.org.