The National Italian American Foundation
is now accepting submissions for our Fifth Annual NIAF Photo Contest.
The Theme: That’s Amore!
That’s right; we borrowed the title of that great song made famous by the one-and-only Dean Martin as this year’s photo theme. But, despite the lyrics (look them up if you don’t know them), don’t think submissions must be exclusively romantic photos. They can also reflect love and passion for all things Italian, from a lovely cappuccino to a shimmering view of a Calabria beach, from a perfect pizzaiolo to an exquisite glass of Barolo. However, photos with a human element earn more points than without.
So enter your best photograph that captures That’s Amore! Submissions may be funny, poignant, breathtaking, heartfelt or simply beautiful.
PLEASE READ OR YOUR SUBMISSION MAY BE DISQUALIFIED!
You may submit one image only. Photos must be one that you have taken yourself or that belongs to you personally.
Technical quality, composition and clarity are important, but judges will also look for images that best express this year’s theme.
Following all the rules about photo resolution and photo size is essential.
All submissions must be sent via email as high-resolution (minimum 300 dpi) jpegs to email@example.com no later than October 10 at 12 noon EST.
Photos that are not both high resolution (at least 300 dpi) and large dimension (12” by 8” is great but larger is better) will be disqualified.
Don’t know if your jpeg is high resolution or large enough? Please read our NIAF 2017 Photo Contest Submission Tips (pdf).
Before submitting your entry, read the official rules (pdf).
No purchase necessary. NIAF membership not necessary.
Deadline to Submit:
Tuesday, October 10 at 12 noon EST
Winners will be notified via email and announced on NIAF’s website, Facebook page and other social media on Monday, October 16, 2017.
One Grand Prize winner (U.S. resident only) will be awarded:
• Two tickets (winner and guest) to NIAF’s 42nd Anniversary Gala Awards Dinner and for all Gala events the weekend of November 3-4, in Washington, D.C.
• Roundtrip airfare or train fare for two (within continental United States) if air or rail transportation is required to attend.
• One room, two-night stay at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park hotel during the Gala weekend.
• The winning photo will be displayed at NIAF’s 42nd Anniversary Gala Weekend, on the NIAF website, and on NIAF’s social media.
• The winning photo will be featured in the 2017 Winter issue of NIAF’s Ambassador magazine, published in early December.
• The winner will receive a one-year associate membership to NIAF (transferable).
Second Prize: Five Second Prize winners will each receive a one-year associate membership to NIAF (transferable). Second prize images will be displayed at NIAF’s 42nd Anniversary Gala Weekend, on the NIAF website, on NIAF’s social media, and in the 2017 Winter issue of NIAF’s Ambassador magazine, published in early December.