The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) annually awards scholarships to outstanding students in the summer for use during the following academic year. The awards will be made on the basis of academic merit and divided between two groups of students.
- All students who applied will be notified of their status on June 1, 2015.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2015
- View our Scholarship FAQ’s (pdf)
Scholarship awards range from $2,000-$12,000 and are awarded to undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, medical, dental, and legal students.
Each scholarship award can only cover tuition and university-provided room and board. Scholarship recipients are eligible for one year of scholarship support. Scholarship monies not used during one academic year are not transferable to the following academic year. Scholarship applicants and winners can and are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years.
To be considered for a NIAF scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
• Be a member of NIAF or have a parent or guardian who is a member of NIAF. Not a member? CLICK HERE to join today!
• Be enrolled in an US accredited institution of higher education for the Fall 2015.
• Have a grade-point average of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
• Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien.
• For the purposes of the NIAF Scholarship Program, to be “Italian American” the student must have at least one ancestor who has immigrated from Italy.
No immediate family members of the NIAF Board of Directors, Regional Vice-Presidents, Area Coordinators or staff are eligible for NIAF scholarships.