Check out the 2016 Ambassador Peter F. Secchia
Voyage of Discovery students exploring
NIAF’s Region of Honor, Piemonte at
The Ambassador Peter F. Secchia Voyage of Discovery Program is sponsored by the National Italian American Foundation. This all-expenses paid trip for Italian American students covers round-trip airfare between Italy and America and two weeks of programs.
To learn more about the history, CLICK HERE!
2014 Voyage of Discovery Students
To strengthen the Italian American identity by bonding young Italian-Americans to the country, culture, and heritage of Italy; to help them gain an understanding of their heritage and a pride in preserving that heritage for the next generation; and to understand the historical significance of Italy and the current contribution Italy is making to the US and the world.
The trip also offers students the opportunity to perform community service in areas of need during their stay in Italy.
The 2017 trip itinerary will include educational lectures, service opportunities, meetings with government officials, business leaders and visits to government offices, international businesses, museums and other cultural attractions.
Trip Date: June 7-23, 2017
Trip Destination: Sicily
Questions? CLICK HERE (pdf format)
- Students must be members of the National Italian American Foundation. Not a member? Sign up here.
- Participants must be between the ages of 18-23 at the time of travel (Summer 2017)
- Students must attend a college/university full time for the semester preceding the trip (Spring 2017)
- Students must be of Italian heritage
- Students must not have previously visited Italy
- Students must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- Eligible students will be asked to participate in a Skype interview
THE TRIP INCLUDES:
- Round-trip airfare between US and Italy
- Hotel accommodation (hotel accommodations are 2/3 same-gender participants to a room)
- All meals except where noted on the itinerary
- Motorcoach transfers
- Escorts and tour guides
THE TRIP DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Domestic flights to/from international departure city
- Items of a personal nature and spending money
- Meals not included in itinerary
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Processing fee and deposit policy
Students Selected to Participate: Proof of student status and a $150 non-refundable processing fee and current credit card will be requested of only those students accepted into the program. Any non-refundable costs incurred by NIAF before or during the program will be charged to the student’s credit card. Additionally, any costs incurred due to violation of the “Code of Conduct” resulting in early termination of the student’s participation in the Voyage of Discovery program will be charged to the participant’s credit card.
Before travel, students will be required to purchase a student travel insurance.
Application Status: CLOSED
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 11:59 pm EST
Date of Notification for all applicants: Monday, February 27, 2017
Participant Acceptance Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2017