Follow the 2016 Ambassador Peter F. Secchia Voyage of Discovery
students as they explore the
NIAF’s Region of Honor, Piemonte
on NIAF’s Tumblr page:
The Ambassador Peter F. Secchia Voyage of Discovery Program is sponsored by the National Italian American Foundation. This all-expenses paid trip for Italian American students covers round-trip airfare between Italy and America and two weeks of programs.
2014 Voyage of Discovery Students
To strengthen the Italian American identity by bonding young Italian-Americans to the country, culture, and heritage of Italy; to help them gain an understanding of their heritage and a pride in preserving that heritage for the next generation; and to understand the historical significance of Italy and the current contribution Italy is making to the US and the world.
The trip also offers students the opportunity to perform community service in areas of need during their stay in Italy.
The 2017 trip itinerary will include educational lectures, service opportunities, meetings with government officials, business leaders and visits to government offices, international businesses, museums and other cultural attractions.
Trip Date: June 2017
Trip Destination: NIAF’s 2017 Region of Honor
Questions? View our FAQ (pdf format)
- Students must be members of the National Italian American Foundation. Not a member? Sign up here.
- Participants must be between the ages of 18-23 at the time of travel (Summer 2017)
- Students must attend a college/university full time for the semester preceding the trip (Spring 2017)
- Students must be of Italian heritage
- Students must not have previously visited Italy (after the age of 12)
- Students must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- Eligible students will be asked to participate in a Skype interview
Application Status: CLOSED
Next Application Period: The application will reopen on Tuesday November 1st, 2016
Deadline to Apply: January 31, 2017, 11:59 pm EST
Date of Notification for all applicants: Monday, February 27, 2017
Participant Acceptance Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2017