Frank J. Guarini Public Policy Forum
The Frank J. Guarini Public Policy Forum on Capitol Hill is a signature program of the NIAF that assembles nationally and internationally known leaders addressing significant policy issues. These forums are typically held in the U.S. Congress with the cooperation of the Italian American Congressional Delegation.
Public Policy Lecture Series
This program was endowed by the honorable Frank J. Guarini, former Member of Congress (NJ) and NIAF Chairman Emeritus.
The NIAF Public Policy Lecture Series is a national, touring program that features distinguished speakers. This includes policy makers, regulators, government officials, and corporate executives discussing current policy issues. Several programs are held each year in cities throughout the nation and often in collaboration with a host university.
This program was established through an endowment by Vincent Viola, NIAF Vice Chairman, and his wife Theresa.
NIAF offers these programs in order to contribute to the public discourse on timely policy issues facing the nation and the world. These programs are attended by the media, opinion leaders, business executives, and government officials.
Keynote Speakers of the NIAF Public Policy Programs include:
NIAF policy programs seek an open exchange of ideas and substantive policy discussion. NIAF does not endorse or oppose the positions of any speakers. NIAF uses these programs to educate and to contribute to the public discourse of important policy issues.
- Samuel Alito, US Supreme Court Associate Justice
- Silvio Berlusconi, Prime Minister of Italy
- Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the Federal Reserve
- Giovanni Castellaneta, Italian Ambassador to the United States
- Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health
- Louis Freeh, former Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Rudolph Giuliani, former Mayor of New York City
- Alan Greenspan, former Chairman of the Federal Reserve
- Letizia Moratti, Mayor of the City of Milan
- Raymond Odierno, Lieutenant and Commanding General of III US Corps
- Mike Oxley, Vice Chairman of NASDAQ, Former Member of Congress
- Frank Pallone, Member of Congress, New Jersey
- Bill Pascrell, Member of Congress, New Jersey
- Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, California
- John Podesta, President of the Center for American Progress
- Antonin Scalia, US Supreme Court Associate Justice
- Anthony Zinni, General and former US Special Envoy to the Middle East