NIAF brings to you Italian and Italian American virtual tours, shows, podcasts, performances and films all for free to the comfort and convenience of your own home.
Tours of Landmarks & Cultural Sites
- Baths of Caracalla in Rome
- Caserta, tour the town in Campania as well as the Caserta Royal Palace
- Italian cities – a one-stop-shop for famous sites in cities across Italy from Milan to Palermo
- Pompeii’s top attractions
- Pompeii & Vesuvius bird’s eye view with il Corriere della Sera
- Trajan’s Market
Tours of Museums & Exhibits
Based in Italy:
- Raphael Exhibit at the Quirinale in Rome
- Vatican Museums
- Uffizi Gallery
- Ara Pacis
- Capitoline Museums
- Museo Capodimonte in Naples
- Pinacoteca di Brera
Based in America:
- National Gallery of Art’s Raphael and His Circle Exhibit
- Italian American Museum in Los Angeles (IAMLA) made its photographic collection accessible online.
- Una Storia Segreta: When Italian Americans Were “Enemy Aliens” exhibit at the Museo Italo Americano in San Francisco, provides access to facts about Italian American restriction, internment and evacuation during World War II.
The Russo Brothers Italian American Film Forum offers three years of grant recipients’ short films about the Italian American experience.
The Italian Film Festival USA is offering “Shorts at Home” series through April and May.
- Be well-versed in all things Italian American with the Italian American Podcast.
- Erica Firpo interviews Italy’s 21st-century creators, from artists and heritage brands to chefs and innovators, on her weekly podcast Ciao Bella.
- At the Table with Tony explores Italian American culture and cuisine and interviews people who know it best.
- Flavor of Italy Podcast is all about Italian food & culture
Virtual Events & Performances
- Carla Gambescia, author of La Dolce Vita University, and others through the Westchester Italian Cultural Center are offering webinars covering various topics related to Italy! Some webinars are free while others cost $10. If you are interested in a free webinar, please know that you still must register!
- Amy Riolo is hosting weekly events covering everything you’re curious to know involving food. From how to write your own cookbook to the new world the restaurant industry is facing. Amy Riolo is an award-winning, best-selling author, chef, television personality, and Mediterranean diet advocate. Announcements for this events can be found on her Instagram profile.
- Andrea Bocelli’s Music for Hope event at the Duomo di Milano from Easter Sunday. His page includes the lyrics to the music he sang so you can sing along when you re-watch his moving performance.
- Giada Valenti hosts a daily show including musical performances and guests interviews live every day at 5 p.m. EST.
- The Table Less Traveled, a small culinary tour operator specializing in Italy is offering live, interactive, donation-based cooking classes to support chefs in Italy, whose income is in peril. Classes are limited to 12 people and can be done in English or private ups can request a class in Italian. Make ravioli, limoncello cake, risotti while interacting with family and friends and a local Italian chef. It’s fun and educational and provides financial support to the chefs.
Opera & Ballet
- Experience a selection of operas performed at Teatro la Fenice, the famous opera house in Venice.
- Teatro di San Carlo in Naples is showcasing opera and ballet.
Check out the Instagram pages of these famed Italian American chefs and watch them cook up some great dishes:
- Valerie Bertinelli
- Scott Conant
- Giada DeLaurentiis
- Alex Guanaschelli
- Michael Symon
- Michele Di Pietro
- Lidia Bastianich
The Table Less Traveled, a small culinary tour operator specializing in Italy is offering live, interactive, donation-based cooking classes to support chefs in Italy, whose income is in peril. Classes are limited to 12 people and can be done in English or private ups can request a class in Italian. Make ravioli, limoncello cake, risotti while interacting with family and friends and a local Italian chef. It’s fun and educational and provides financial support to the chefs.