NIAF 2009 CONVENTION WEEKEND CONFERENCES
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elissa Ruffino (NIAF) 202/939-3106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT: NIAF 2009 CONVENTION WEEKEND CONFERENCES
SPONSOR: The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF)
WHEN: Friday, October 23, 2009 – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, October 24, 2009 – 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: Hilton Washington
1919 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20009
NIAF will host its annual convention weekend from October 23-24 at the Hilton Washington in Washington, D.C. The Foundation’s 34th Anniversary Awards Gala will be held Saturday evening, concluding two days of activities. The NIAF 2009 annual convention offers the best of Italy in Washington, D.C.
All seminars are free and open to the public.
Friday, October 23, 2009
• Piazza d’Italia, an exhibition of Italy’s Best
Terrace and Concourse Levels, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Luncheon with Keynote Speaker
International Ballroom East, Concourse Level, noon to 2:30 p.m. Cost: $65
• “Wines of Italy – An Endless Adventure in Taste,” a tasting and seminar on the culture of Italian wine
Cabinet Room, Concourse Level, 2:15 to 3 p.m.
• Screening of “Pane Amaro: The Italian American Journey from Despised Immigrants to Honored Citizens” by a NIAF Grant Recipient
Cabinet Room, Concourse Level, 4 to 6 p.m.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
• NIAF National Council Network/Youth Networking Continental Breakfast
International Ballroom West, Concourse Level, 9 to 11 a.m.
• Piazza d’Italia, an exhibition of Italy’s best
Terrace and Concourse Levels, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Celebrity Auction and Luncheon
International Ballroom Center, Concourse Level, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $70
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the heritage and culture of Americans of Italian descent.