The National Italian American Foundation
is now accepting submissions for our Ninth Annual NIAF Photo Contest.
The Theme: Tutto Bene! (Everything is fine!)
This year’s Photo Contest theme Tutto Bene! means “Everything is Fine!” And, compared to 2020, that optimistic tone seems appropriate. The challenge is to submit photos that in some way capture that uplifting message of optimism and relief.
Go ahead and take a new photo or dig out that incredible shot you took not so long ago, maybe in Italy, or maybe in your own home with your family. Make sure to send along a paragraph explaining your photo’s significance and how it applies to our theme.
Please Read the RULES before submitting a photo.
If your entry doesn’t meet our requirements, it may be disqualified.
Send your photo as a high-resolution (300 dpi) jpeg email attachment. Make sure to include the required caption text and contact information to:
Deadline to Submit Photos:
Monday, November 1 at 12 noon EST
Winners will be notified via email on Friday, November 5.
Winners will be announced on NIAF’s website and social media.
No purchase necessary.
NIAF membership is appreciated but not necessary.
Five Contest winners will each receive a one-year NIAF Sustaining Membership (transferable). The five winning photos will be posted on the NIAF website, on NIAF’s social media, and in the 2021 Winter issue of Ambassador magazine, published on December 9.
NIAF’s 2021 Photo Contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
No purchase is necessary.
NIAF membership appreciated but not required.
Submit only high-resolution (300 dpi) jpegs of your image.
Low resolution photos will not be accepted. Photos must be high resolution and large (dimensions about 12” by 10” or larger).
For more information about photo resolution and size, please read our 2020 PHOTO CONTEST TIPS. CLICK HERE!
Submit only one photo per contestant.
If you submit multiple entries, we will accept only the first photo received.
Send only photos that you have taken or actually own.
NIAF reserves the right to disqualify, without notice to you (the entrant), any image we believe in any way infringes upon another person’s rights or copyrights. Do not send photos you find online, or scan from publications, or create from other people’s work. If we suspect a submission is fraudulent, we will disqualify the photo and the entrant.
Send your submission as a jpeg attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions sent in any other size, resolution or format (including PDFs, zip files, GIFs, PNGs, or snailmail) will not be accepted.
Submissions too large to send as an email attachment (our server accepts up to 25MBs) can be sent using a file-sharing app such as Dropbox or Google Drive. Make sure to email the contest separately with your required contest information and stating that you are submitting your photo using whatever app you use.
With your photo contest entry, you must include:
- Your name
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Photographic equipment used (type of camera, iPhone, etc.).
- Brief caption (maximum 75 words): Who is in the photo; where and when was it was taken; and why does the photo capture the theme Tutto Bene!
Other than the winners’ names and cities of residence, NIAF will not disclose any other personal information, such as address, e-mail address, or phone number.
The five Winners will be chosen by the NIAF staff and professional photographers. NIAF will determine winners’ eligibility by its sole discretion.
Important: What you are agreeing to….
By submitting a photo to this contest, you are confirming that you have read and agree to abide by all terms of the contest below.
By entering your photo in this contest, are acknowledging that:
- You have read and agree to the rules of the contest.
- You confirm that you are 18 years old or older.
- You grant NIAF a license to use your submitted photo in perpetuity, royalty-free, worldwide, including to edit, modify, publish, distribute and republish it in any form, media or technology. Otherwise, entrants retain the rights to their images.
- You are consenting not to submit content that is inappropriate; libelous or defamatory; violates a person’s right to privacy; violates any local, state, national, or international law; contains or advocates illegal or violent acts; degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability; is predatory, hateful or derogatory; contains advertising or solicitation; or is otherwise objectionable.
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit and that you will indemnify the National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) and its directors, officers, managers, employees and agents from and against losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have submitted.
- You also certify that you have the permission of anyone other than yourself who contributed to the photograph or is featured or recognizable in the photo. If individuals under age 18 are featured and recognizable in a photo, you must obtain permission from their parents or legal guardian before submitting and be prepared to produce the permission in written form.
- Employees, officers and directors of NIAF and their immediate families are not eligible.
- This Contest is void where prohibited by law.