The National Italian American Foundation
is now accepting submissions for our Sixth Annual NIAF Photo Contest.
The Theme: Che Bello
While this year’s photo contest theme literally means “How beautiful!” it can more casually translate as “How lovely! or “How nice!”
While your photos can take a literal view of something Italian or Italian American that, in your lens, is simply beautiful, feel free to expand this Italian expression in your photo. Use your imagination. So much can actually or figuratively qualify in this contest—from that close-up, wrinkled-creased face of your lovely nonna, to that amazing shot of Venice at sunset, to that deeply in-love couple sipping glasses of Barbaresco at a sidewalk café in Alba.
So, dig up that amazing photograph you took not so long ago, maybe in Italy, or maybe in your own backyard. Or, charge your camera’s battery (and yours) and get busy shooting some brand-new images. Submissions may be breathtaking, heartfelt, humorous, touching, or simply beautiful.
Read Before Sending Photo
Contestants may submit one image only.
Your submission must be a photo you have taken yourself or that legally belongs to you. Technical quality, composition and clarity are important, but judges will look for images that best express this year’s theme.
Photos must be high resolution (at least 300 dpi) and large in dimension (12” by 10” is a good standard; larger is better). Low resolution and small photos will not be accepted.
Don’t know if your jpeg is high resolution or large enough?
Read the NIAF 2019 Photo Contest Tips.
Send your photo as a high-resolution (300 dpi) jpeg email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Submit:
Monday, October 7 at 12 noon EST
Winners will be notified via email on
Friday, October 11, 2019
And then announced on NIAF’s website and social media
BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PHOTO…
you must read the official rules
No purchase necessary. NIAF membership not necessary.
One Grand Prize winner (U.S. resident only) will be awarded:
- Two tickets (winner and guest) to NIAF’s 44th Anniversary VIP Reception and Gala Awards Dinner on Saturday, November 2, in Washington, D.C.
- One room, two-nights stay (Friday, November 1 and Saturday, November 2) at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C., during the Gala Weekend.
- The winning photo will be displayed at NIAF’s 44th Anniversary Gala Weekend during the Italiano Expo, the largest annual Italian festival in the Nation’s Capital, on Saturday, November 2, and that evening during the Gala Awards Dinner on the Ballroom screens; as well as on the NIAF website, and on NIAF’s social media.
- The winning photo will be featured in the 2019 Winter issue of NIAF’s Ambassador magazine, published in early December.
- The winner will receive a one-year NIAF Sustaining Membership (transferable).
Five Second Prize winners will each receive a one-year NIAF Sustaining Membership (transferable). Second prize images will be displayed at NIAF’s 44th Anniversary Gala Weekend during the Italiano Expo on Saturday, November 2, on the NIAF website, on NIAF’s social media, and in the 2019 Winter issue of NIAF’s Ambassador magazine, published in early December.