Director, Communications & Development Programs
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is looking for an individual with a strong interest in writing to further NIAF’s communications function. NIAF is a nationwide foundation whose mission is to serve as a resource for the Italian American Community; to preserve the Italian American heritage and culture; to promote and inspire a positive image and legacy of Italian Americans; and to strengthen and empower ties between the United States and Italy.
▪ Write, create and monitor content for social media, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
▪ Participate in actively identifying and securing media opportunities.
▪ Manage and edit NIAF website content.
▪ Develop and manage media lists.
▪ Create and manage NIAF data files.
▪ Manage correspondence program between foundation and members.
▪ Assist with other projects and duties as assigned.
▪ Manage an integrated fundraising system comprised of major, endowment, member and planned giving programs.
▪ Oversee a portfolio of approximately 100 individual major donor prospects.
▪ Develop and implement donor communications, utilizing small events, phone calls, written correspondence and social media post to keep donors informed and connected.
The Foundation is looking for a college graduate with writing aptitude and experience and a capacity to manage client relationships who is also detail-oriented and organized. The successful candidate will play an integral role in strengthening the internal administration of NIAF through compiling information in NIAF databases and offering support to various staff members in the office.
This role would suit a qualified individual with 1-2 years general office experience; work in communications, fundraising and administration is a plus.
Outstanding candidates will have interest in or experience in Italian studies or Italian language.
Natalie Wulderk | NIAF
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: 202.939.3117