The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) offers you a unique opportunity to help support the continual promotion of Italian heritage and culture. Your confidence in our mission, as embodied by your generous voluntary support, will enable us to be of even greater service in the future. There are many giving options available that provide exceptional planning strategies and flexibility that may also help minimize your tax implications. Some of these opportunities are outlined below.
NIAF Gift for Tomorrow, A Society of Bequest Recognition:
This is the NIAF planned giving society whose members have decided to provide for NIAF in their will. By joining the Society and letting us know of your future bequests, you are helping to secure the financial future of NIAF so that we can continue to provide for those we serve. The members of the Gift for Tomorrow Society are essential to continuing the mission of NIAF.
As a member of the Gift for Tomorrow Society:
- Your name will appear on a plaque in our lobby
- Your gift will be acknowledged in the special section NIAF publications
- We will present you with a token of our appreciation that identifies you as a member of the society
- You will receive special invitations to select events each year
But more importantly, you will create a lasting legacy that supports our community.
How Smart Estate Planning can be Bold, Innovative, AND Generous.
- Part 1 – Introduction to Planned Giving
- Part II – The Charitable Remainder Trust
- Part III – A Simple Shift That Made a BIG Difference
PLANNED GIVING VEHICLES:
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
A bequest is simple and convenient form of giving that can be made for a specific dollar amount or for a percentage of your estate. Many individuals establish endowments that honor the memory of a loved one. These endowments live forever since only the income is used annually.
Charitable Gift Annuities
In exchange for a gift to NIAF, you receive a fixed sum on a regular basis from NIAF for your lifetime. The benefits you would receive are substantial and include capital gains tax savings, estate tax savings, guaranteed income for life, and an immediate charitable contribution deduction.
The Charitable Lead Trust
This allows one to transfer assets to future generations while still donating the investment income in the short-term to NIAF. At the end of the term, the assets are given back to you or your named beneficiaries.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
The charitable remainder annuity trust pays a fixed percentage of the initial value of the trust assets at least once a year. The charitable remainder trust pays a selected percentage of the annual value of the trust each year.
For more information on how you can help NIAF fulfill its mission please contact our Washington, D.C. office (202) 387-0600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This is not legal advice. This information is intended to provide an overview of planned charitable gifts. All individuals are strongly encouraged to seek the advice of their personal financial and legal counselors to ensure conformity with federal and state law and to determine the effects of these scenarios on their personal financial situation.