about our program
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) annually awards scholarships to outstanding students in the summer for use during the following academic year. The awards will be made on the basis of academic merit and divided between two groups of students.
General Category I:
Italian American students who demonstrate outstanding potential and high academic achievements. Area of study: open.
General Category II:
Those students from any ethnic background majoring or minoring in Italian language, Italian studies, Italian American studies or a related field, who demonstrate outstanding potential and high academic achievements.
Scholarship awards range from $2,000-$12,000 and are awarded to undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, medical, dental, and legal students. Students must either be members of NIAF or have a parent or guardian who is a member of NIAF.
Each scholarship award can only cover tuition and university-provided room and board. Scholarship recipients are eligible for one year of scholarship support. Scholarship monies not used during one academic year are not transferable to the following academic year. Scholarship applicants and winners can and are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years.
Applications for scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year will be available here starting on November 1, 2014.
ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS ADMINISTERED BY THE NIAF
- The Eleanor and Anthony DeFrancis Scholarship Fund - Scholarships for Italian American undergraduate and graduate students attending CIT, MIT or Arizona school of astronomical studies and majoring in pure natural sciences. Applicants must also demonstrate financial need and dedication to community service. Scholarship award amount varies. To apply for the DeFrancis scholarship, please complete the general application above.
The National Italian American Foundation is deeply grateful to its many generous supporters who make the NIAF Scholarship Program possible.
· Raffaele De Ritis Memorial Scholarship
· Societa' da Vinci
· Alan Alda Scholarship
· The Angela Gajarsa Scholarship Fund
· D.F. Antonelli, Jr. Scholarship
· Mr. Kenneth J. Aspromonte
· The NIAF Jim Cantalupo Scholarship Fund
· Louis J. Caputo, Jr. Legal Scholarship
· The Marion Cerrell Scholarship Fund
· Frank J. Corsaro
· The Eleanor and Anthony DeFrancis Scholarship Fund
· James English and the Emanuele and Emilia Inglese Memorial Scholarship Fund
· Eva Franchi and the Sergio Franchi Scholarship Fund
· Mario Gabelli and the Gabelli Scholarship Fund
· Garibaldi-Tiscornia Annual Grant
· The Giargiari Estate
· George L. Graziadio
· Congressman Frank J. Guarini and Mrs. Caroline L. Guarini Scholarship Fund
· Intel/NIAF Scholarships
· The Lido Club of Washington, D.C.
· Carmelo Torre Scholarship
· Amaturo Foundation Scholarship
· The NIAF Endowment Trust
· Volpe Scholarship
· Maaco Enterprises, Inc.
· Ferdinand J. Maggiore and the Emeline Maggiore Memorial Scholarship Fund
· The Antonio M. Marinelli Founders' Scholarship Fund
· O. Mike Marinelli NOVA University Scholarship Fund
· O. Mike Marinelli Barry University Scholarship Fund
· Orlando Martino and the Assunta Lucchetti Martino Scholarship Fund
· Merrill Lynch Scholarship Fund
· The John R. Mott Scholarship Foundation
· Albert P. Victor Foundation
· Dr. Nicholas and Serafina Perrone Scholarship Fund
· Louis G. Piancone and the Piancone Family
· Richard Perrone
· Maria Sacchi Antonini
· Gene and Mary Sarazen Foundation
· Ambassador Peter Secchia and Norman R. Peterson Scholarship Fund
· The Daniel Stella Scholarship Fund
· Frank D. Stella
· Agnes E. Vaghi
· The NIAF Jack Valenti Scholarship Fund
· Vincent Zecchino, M.D.
· The Filomena Peloro Scholarship Fund
· The Victoria J. Mastrubono Fund
· Maurizio Gianturco Scholarship Fund
Applications due: March 1, 2014
Teacher recommendations due: March 15, 2014
Winners announced: May 16, 2014
Gabriella Mileti at email@example.com
or call (202) 939-3116