The National Italian American Foundation and i-Italy have partnered to offer 3 internship opportunities for recent Italian American graduates interested in building the basis for a career in media while furthering their proficiency in the Italian language. This internship aims to give recent graduates a strong basis for their entry into the workforce and a robust first work experience on their resume. The internship will be part-time at the i-Italy headquarters in New York City with full Italian language immersion. Interns will report to i-Italy five days a week including some weekends and holidays. Interns will be provided a $1,000/month stipend. Duration of internship: 10 months.
To be considered for an internship with i-Italy, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a recent graduate who has completed a qualifying bachelors, masters, professional, or doctoral degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Have at least one ancestor who has immigrated from Italy.
- Have an intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Italian.
- Be available to work for 5 hours per day, 5 days a week with occasional weekend and holiday shifts.
- Candidates must be interested in developing their skills in:
- Journalism/editing/translation (Italian to English) for print and online media
- Video-journalism/filmmaking/videography for TV and the Web
- Marketing & Sales for online, print and television media
- Be a member of NIAF or have a parent or guardian who is a member of NIAF. Not a member? CLICK HERE to join today!
- Duration of internship: 10 months
- Interns will be provided a $1,000/month stipend
- In addition to completing the online application, students are to submit a CV, motivational letter and samples of previous works to email@example.com by Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 11:59pm EST.
- Application is now closed.
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. NIAF aims to promote and protect the Italian American heritage and celebrate the many contributions that Italian Americans have provided to the United States. NIAF works closely with Italian and Italian American companies and educational institutions to strengthen ties between the United States and Italy.
i-Italy is the largest editorial network dedicated to Italian and Italian American affairs in the U.S. It comprises a web portal (www.i-Italy.org) as well as a bi-monthly print magazine and a weekly TV show broadcasting every weekend on NYC Life (Channel 25) in the New York City metropolitan area. Targeting Italophiles, Italian Americans and Italians living in the United States, i-Italy is bilingual with a majority of its content being published in English in order to reach a wider audience.