FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elissa Ruffino (NIAF) 202/939-3106 or email@example.com
SPONSOR: The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF)
WHEN: Friday, October 28, 2011 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. Events, 8 p.m. Evening Entertainment
Saturday, October 29, 2011 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Events, 5 p.m. Reception, 7 p.m. Dinner and Awards
WHERE: The Washington Hilton 1919 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, D.C.
Maria Bartiromo, Emmy Award-winning journalist and a member of the NIAF Board of Directors, will serve as the mistress of ceremonies for the Foundation’s annual black-tie Anniversary Gala before more than 3,000 guests from the United States and Italy.
2011 NIAF Gala Honorees:
• Claudio Bozzo, President of the Mediterranean Shipping Company (USA) Inc., will receive a NIAF Special Achievement Award in International Business.
• Sen. Capri Cafaro, Minority Leader of the Ohio Senate, will receive the NIAF Youth Leadership Award.
• Dion DiMucci, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, will receive the NIAF Special Achievement Award in Entertainment.
• Hon. Frank J. Guarini, Former U.S. Congressman and NIAF Chairman Emeritus, will receive the NIAF Lifetime Achievement Award in Leadership.
• Frank G. Mancuso SrFormer Chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studio, will receive The NIAF Jack Valenti Institute Award.
• Emma Marcegaglia, President of Confindustria, will receive the NIAF Special Achievement Award in Women’s Leadership.
• Paolo Scudieri, CEO of Adler Plastic S.p.A., will receive the NIAF Special Achievement Award in International Business.
• Hon. Santo Versace, President of Gianni Versace S.p.A. and Chairman of the Board of Fondazione Operation Smile Italia Onlus, will receive the NIAF Special Achievement Award in Philanthropy.
Highlights of the NIAF weekend will include the popular “Glacier Vodka’s Salute to the Martini” with Radio King Orchestra for an evening of dancing, dinner and entertainment on Friday, October 28, at 8 p.m. in the hotel’s International Ballroom.
During NIAF’s convention weekend, the Foundation will host Expo Italia, a two-day exhibition showcasing the best of Italy and an Auction Showcase. Tickets to Saturday’s black-tie gala begin at $400 per person. Proceeds benefit NIAF’s educational programs. For tickets or sponsor information, contact Jerry Jones at 202/387-0600 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or register online at www.niaf.org/gala.
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the heritage and culture of Americans