NIAF 2012 GALA WEEKEND CONFERENCES
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elissa Ruffino (NIAF) 202/939-3106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SPONSOR: The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF)
WHEN: Friday, October 12, 2012 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, October 13, 2012 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: The Washington Hilton
1919 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20009
NIAF will host its annual gala weekend from October 12-13, 2012, at the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C. The Foundation’s 37th Anniversary Gala on Saturday evening will conclude two days of activities offering the best of Italy in Washington, D.C.
All conferences are free and open to the public, unless otherwise noted. Visit www.niaf.org/gala for updates.
Friday, October 12, 2012
• Conference on Immigration in conjunction with the National Italian American Bar Association (NIABA)
Georgetown West – Concourse Level, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• The Victoria J. Mastrobuono Education Luncheon – A presentation of Science and the Economy featuring Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei.
Lincoln East – Concourse Level, noon to 2 p.m. Cost: $70 per person
• Movie Screening of Passione, a film by John Turturro – The director shares his passion for Naples and its music.
Georgetown West – Concourse Level, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Conference on Breast Cancer – “Bridging Research and Clinical Medicine,” presented by Sbarro Health Research Organization (SHRO).
Georgetown East – 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Calabria: Cuisine and Culture Presentation followed by Wine Education and Tasting featuring wines and delicacies from Italy’s Region of Calabria. Sample the flavors of NIAF’s 2012 Region of Honor with sommelier and award-winning author. Cost: $20 per person
Jefferson Room – Concourse Level 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, October 13, 2012
• NIAF Philanthropic Roundtable: Italian Americans and Philanthropy In Italy- A Three-Case Study with continental breakfast
Lincoln East – Concourse Level, 9 to 11 a.m.
• Celebrity Auction Luncheon featuring entertainers and sports figures
International Ballroom Center – Concourse Level, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $75 per person
• NIAF- Ieri, Oggi, Domani -- A brief history of NIAF and its exciting plans for the future
Georgetown – Concourse Level, 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the heritage and culture of Americans of Italian descent. Visit: www.niaf.org