National Italian American Foundation 36th Anniversary Awards Weekend List (Partial)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elissa Ruffino (NIAF) 202/939-3106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
October 29, 2011—Washington, D.C.
2011 NIAF Gala Honorees:
• Claudio Bozzo, President of the Mediterranean Shipping Company (USA) Inc., will receive a NIAF Special Achievement Award in International Business.
• Sen. Capri Cafaro, Minority Leader of the Ohio Senate, will receive the NIAF Youth Leadership Award.
• Dion DiMucci, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, will receive the NIAF Special Achievement Award in Entertainment.
• Hon. Frank J. Guarini, Former U.S. Congressman and NIAF Chairman Emeritus, will receive the NIAF Lifetime Achievement Award in Leadership.
• Frank G. Mancuso Sr., Former Chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studio, will receive The NIAF Jack Valenti Institute Award.
• Emma Marcegaglia, President of Confindustria, will receive the NIAF Special Achievement Award in Women’s Leadership.
• Paolo Scudieri, CEO of Adler Plastic S.p.A., will receive the NIAF Special Achievement Award in International Business.
• Hon. Santo Versace, President of Gianni Versace S.p.A. and Chairman of the Board of Fondazione Operation Smile Italia Onlus, will receive the NIAF Special Achievement Award in Philanthropy.
Maria Bartiromo, Emmy Award-winning journalist and member of the NIAF Board of Directors, will serve as the mistress of ceremonies for the Foundation’s annual black-tie Anniversary Gala.
Gala Weekend Attendees:
Anna Marie Alberghetti, Tony Award Winning Singer and Actress
ALFIO, Italian Singer/Songwriter
Hon. Samuel A. Alito, Jr., Supreme Court Justice
Frankie Avalon, ‘50s and ‘60s Music Icon
Sveva Belviso, Deputy Mayor of Rome
Hon. Amato Berardi, U.S. Representative of the Chamber of Deputies
Hon. Francesco Cascio, President of the Sicilian Parliament
Hon. Edmondo Cirielli, President of Defense Committee/ President of the Province of Salerno
Jerry Colangelo, Chairman of the Board of USA Basketball
Alfonse d’Amato, Former United States Senator
Massimo d'Amore, CEO of PepsiCo Americas and Former NIAF Honoree
Robert Davi, Actor
Patricia de Stacy Harrison, President and CEO, Corporation for Public Broadcasting
John Dorman, Actor
Hon. Vitaliano Esposito, General Prosecutor of the Supreme Court of Cassation- Italy
David Faustino, Actor
Hon. Giuseppe Galati, Undersecretary of Culture in Italy
Hon. Michael Grimm, United States Representative
FABIO, International Italian fashion model, spokesperson and actor
Tony LoBianco, Actor
Salvatore Mancuso, Vice President of Alitalia
Hon. Roberto Marmo, Member of Chamber of Duties in Italy
Hon. Giorgia Meloni, Italy’s Minister of Youth Policy
Hon. John Mica, United States Representative
Franco Nuschese, President, Georgetown Entertainment Group
General Peter Pace, NIAF Board Member and Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
Joe Pantoliano, Actor
Hon. Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Leader of the U.S. House of Representatives
Mike Piazza, 12-Time MLB All-Star
Robert Pisano, Chairman, Motion Picture and Television Fund
John Podesta, President and CEO of the Center for American Progress
Hon. Catia Polidori, Deputy Minister of Economic Development in Italy
Tony Reali, ESPN Host of “Around the Horn”
Hon. Dana Rohrabacher, United States Representative
Mike Rizzo, General Manager of the Washington Nationals
David Saperstein, Founder of Metro Networks
Dr. Thomas Scalea, Physician-in-chief at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center
Hon. Domenico Scilipoti, Member of the Chamber of Duties in Italy
Hon. Giueseppe Scopelliti, President of the Region of Calabria
H.E. Giuliomaria Terzi di Sant’Agata, Ambassador of Italy to the United States
Dick Vermeil, Legendary NFL Coach and Former NIAF Honoree
Donald Verrill, Jr., United States Solicitor General