NIAF 34TH ANNIVERSARY AWARDS GALA AND ANNUAL CONVENTION
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elissa Ruffino (NIAF) 202/939-3106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT: NIAF 34th Anniversary Awards Gala and Annual Convention
SPONSOR: The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF)
WHEN: Friday, October 23, 2009 --
9 a.m. Conferences, 8:30 p.m. Evening Entertainment
Saturday, October 24, 2009 --
9 a.m. Conferences, 6 p.m. Reception, 7 p.m. Dinner and Awards
WHERE: Hilton Washington
1919 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. (202/483-3000)
Jimmy Kimmel, host of ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!,” will emcee the Foundation’s annual black-tie Anniversary Gala before more than 3,000 guests from the United States and Italy. In keeping with our tradition of hosting the president, President Barack Obama has been invited to attend.
2009 NIAF Gala Honorees:
• Carla Gugino, actress in the HBO series, “Entourage” will receive a NIAF Special Achievement Award in Entertainment.
• Massimo F. d’Amore, CEO of PepsiCo Americas Beverages, will receive a NIAF Special Achievement Award in Business.
• Lidia Matticchio Bastianich, culinary pioneer and restaurant pioneer, will receive a NIAF Special Achievement Award for Humanitarian Service.
• Janet Napolitano, U.S. Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, will receive a NIAF Special Achievement Award for Public Service.
• Antonello Venditti, renowned Italian singer and songwriter, will receive a NIAF Special Achievement Award in Music.
Highlights of the NIAF weekend include “Antonello Venditti Live!” an exclusive performance by Venditti, on Friday, October 23 in the hotel’s International Ballroom.
During NIAF’s convention weekend, the Foundation will host Piazza d’Italia, a two-day exhibition of Italy’s Best, and a Celebrity Auction and Luncheon. Also part of the convention is a screening of the documentary “Pane Amaro: The Italian American Journey from Despised Immigrants to Honored Citizens” by a NIAF grant recipients and a seminar focusing on the culture of food and wine.
Tickets to Saturday’s black-tie gala begin at $400 per person. LM Wines will be the official wine sponsor for the gala dinner. Proceeds will benefit NIAF’s educational programs. For tickets or sponsor information, contact Jerry Jones at 202/939-3102 or email@example.com, or register online at www.niaf.org.
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the heritage and culture of Americans of Italian descent.