FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elissa Ruffino (NIAF) 202/939-3106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT: NIAF 29th Anniversary Awards Gala
SPONSOR: The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF)
WHEN: Saturday, October 16, 2004
6:00 P.M. reception, 7:00 P.M. dinner
WHERE: Hilton Washington & Towers
1919 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC (202/483-3000)
During the NIAF’s 29th Anniversary Awards gala attended by more than 3,000 prominent Italian Americans in entertainment, business, the arts, and government, the Foundation will announce two new scholarships in honor of the late Jim Cantalupo, former McDonald’s chairman and CEO and member of the NIAF Council, and Jack Valenti, former president and CEO of the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and former member of the NIAF Board of Directors.
The Year 2004 NIAF Honorees are:
• Tim McGraw, Gammy Award-winning country music star, will receive the NIAF Special Achievement Award in Music.
• Luciano Pavarotti,legendary tenor, will be inducted into the NIAF Italian American Hall of Fame in Music.
• Fedele Confalonieri; chairman of Mediaset SpA, will receive the U.S./ Italy Friendship Award
• Joseph J Plumeri, chairman and CEO of Willis Group Holdings Limited, will receive the NIAF Special Achievement Award in Business.
In Humanitarian Service:
• Carmella LaSpada, founder of No Greater Love and executive director of The White House Commission on Remembrance, will receive the NIAF Special Achievement Award in Humanitarian Service.
Joining the NIAF gala honorees this year are singers Faith Hill and Jo Dee Messina, NFL legend Franco Harris, comedian Fred Travalena, along with actress Claudia Cardinale. Popular entertainer Tony Danza is this year’s emcee.
The NIAF 29th Anniversary Awards Gala caps the Foundation’s two-day convention (October 15 & 16). Highlights of the weekend include the following conferences: Discovering Italy through its Food and Wine; Children of the Greats; Italian Americans and the 2004 Presidential Election; and Milestones of the Italian American Experience. Dinner tickets begin at $400 per person. Proceeds benefit the NIAF Scholarship and Education Programs.
For tickets or sponsor information, contact: Bonni Cellini at 202/939-3114 or email@example.com or register on-line at www.niaf.org .
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC and dedicated to preserving the heritage of Italian Americans. Visit our website at www.niaf.org .