ItalTalk
NIAF
Send to a Friend Printer Friendly
  NIAF FORUMS
Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Calendars  Log Out

Yale Italian film Conference: APril 25-26!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Teachers] >> Conferences(AATI, AAIS) >> Yale Italian film Conference: APril 25-26!!!!!!!!!!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yale Italian film Conference: APril 25-26!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 10/23/2007 10:52:16 AM   
Molly

Italian Film Comedy: Ieri, oggi, domani
A Graduate Conference at Yale University
April 25-26, 2008

In order to explore the rich history and remarkable vitality of the comic film genre in Italy, the Department of Italian Language and Literature at Yale is organizing a graduate student conference for Friday and Saturday, April 25-26, 2008 to be held alongside a screening of contemporary Italian films. This call for papers invites graduate students to participate and to present their work on the topic of Italian film comedy. Possible arguments include, but are not limited to, the following:

The specificity of Italian film comedy
Non-cinematic antecedents and analogues (literature, theater, television, radio, etc) Comedy, satire, and social engagement Questions of genre Gender and sexuality Borders and boundaries

Abstracts relevant to the topic, involving case studies, particular authors, precedents, trends, theories, etc. are welcome in English or in Italian. They must be anonymous, and one-page in length. A separate document should include the title of the abstract, name of the student, institutional and departmental affiliation, contact information, and audio-visual requirements. Please send the proposal by December 15, 2007 to the following e-mail address: yaleitaliancinema@yahoo.com
or in hard copy to:

Ann DeLauro
Conference on Italian Film Comedy
Department of Italian Languages and Literatures
P.O. Box 208311
New Haven CT 06520-8311
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message