ItalTalk
NIAF
Send to a Friend Printer Friendly
  NIAF FORUMS
Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Calendars  Log Out

NEW COMMITTEE TO TAKE ACTION FOR AP ITALIAN

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Academia] >> Advanced Placement >> NEW COMMITTEE TO TAKE ACTION FOR AP ITALIAN Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NEW COMMITTEE TO TAKE ACTION FOR AP ITALIAN - 6/9/2008 10:37:18 AM   
Roberta

Dear Educator:

We are writing to you as leaders and members of a new committee that will take action to ensure that the College Board AP Italian Language and Culture Program will continue.   

We thank you for introducing students to the enduring beauty and relevance of the Italian language, and we want you to know that for as long as you are interested in sharing your passion for teaching Italian, your high school students will be able to receive college credit for their AP Italian studies.   

With the support of both the Italian government and the Italian-American community, the College Board implemented AP Italian in the 2005-2006 academic year.  The AP Program in Italian is now a well-developed program of study, but the number of students enrolled in the AP Program in Italian must increase in order for it to survive. 

In the coming months, we will formalize a new organization, raise funds to underwrite the AP Program in Italian, and collaborate with the College Board to determine strategies to expand student participation in the program.  We will also be working with teachers of Italian, the schools that currently offer Italian language studies and with new schools that are developing their Italian language curriculum. 

Today, we need you to encourage more students to study Italian in middle school, and enroll in the AP Program in Italian in high school.  In another communication, we will outline a specific list of goals to be met in the months and years ahead for the progress of the AP Program in Italian. 

At the start of the 2008-2009 academic year, you can continue with confidence to register students to study Italian with the knowledge that the AP Italian Language and Culture program will be fully supported and funded by people who appreciate the richness and relevance of the Italian language, including the College Board, which has accepted our offer to help underwrite its AP Program in Italian.

We will continue to communicate on a regular basis, so that we can have an exchange of ideas concerning the growth and development of this challenging and essential initiative.

We thank you for your effort and dedication throughout the years.

Grazie mille e sempre avanti!

With admiration and respect,

Matilda Raffa Cuomo            Margaret I. Cuomo, M.D.     Anthony J. Tamburri
Chair, Committee to                 Member, Committee to             President, American     
  Establish the AP Program         Establish the AP Program         Association of Teachers
  in Italian                                    in Italian                                    of Italian
                                                Chair, Lago del Bosco, the       Dean, John D. Calandra
  Italian Language Village            Italian American Institute
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Academia] >> Advanced Placement >> NEW COMMITTEE TO TAKE ACTION FOR AP ITALIAN Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode