ItalTalk
NIAF
Send to a Friend Printer Friendly
  NIAF FORUMS
Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Calendars  Log Out

Senator Paul Simon Study Abroad Foundation Act Passed--study abroad participation to increase 5fold

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Students] >> Study Abroad >> Senator Paul Simon Study Abroad Foundation Act Passed--study abroad participation to increase 5fold Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Senator Paul Simon Study Abroad Foundation Act Passed--... - 2/14/2008 4:36:25 PM   
Roberta

On February 13, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee passed the Senator Paul Simon Study Abroad Foundation Act, which would expand nearly fivefold the number of college students who participate in overseas education.  The House of Representatives approved the bill last June.  It was introduced by the late Rep. Tom Lantos, Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee.  The legislation creates a foundation whose goal is to send one million American students abroad each year within the next 10 years.  Currently, only about 225,000 U.S. students study overseas annually.  The bill would authorize an appropriation of $80-million annually for the foundation.  The legislation now must pass the full Senate. 

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Students] >> Study Abroad >> Senator Paul Simon Study Abroad Foundation Act Passed--study abroad participation to increase 5fold Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode