The National Italian American Foundation
is now accepting submissions for our Sixth Annual NIAF Photo Contest.
The Theme: Made in Italy
While this year’s photo contest theme could mean the coveted, official, merchandise label known throughout the world as the mark of high-quality Italian products, we’re encouraging a broader interpretation for contest submissions.
While your photos can, of course, take a literal view of something that was made in Italy, they can also stretch the expression to anything that you can rationalize.
Like what? Well, use your imagination! So much can actually or figuratively qualify—from that close-up of bubbling mozzarella atop a slice, to that beautiful newborn, to that sunset reflection on a glass of Brunello.
So, go find that amazing photograph you took not so long ago, maybe on a trip to Italy, or maybe in your own backyard. Or, get your camera out and get busy.
Submissions may be breathtaking, heartfelt, humorous or simply beautiful.
Please Read Before Sending Photo
Contestants may submit one image only.
Your submission must be a photo you have taken yourself or that belongs to you. Technical quality, composition and clarity are important, but judges will also look for images that best express this year’s theme.
Photos must be high resolution (at least 300 dpi) and large in dimension (12” by 8” is a good standard; larger is better). Low resolution and small photos will not be accepted.
Don’t know if your jpeg is high resolution or large enough?
Read the NIAF 2018 Photo Contest Tips
Send your photo as a high-resolution (300 dpi) jpeg email attachment to email@example.com no later than Monday, September 24 at 12 noon EST.
Deadline to Submit:
Monday, September 24 at 12 noon EST
Winners will be notified via email on
Friday, September 28, 2018.
Before submitting your entry, read the official rules
No purchase necessary. NIAF membership not necessary.
One Grand Prize winner (U.S. resident only) will be awarded:
- Two tickets (winner and guest) to NIAF’s 43rd Anniversary Gala Awards Dinner and for other Gala events the weekend of October 12-13, in Washington, D.C.
- Roundtrip airfare or train fare for two (within continental United States) if air or rail transportation is required to attend.
- One room, two-night stay at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park hotel during the Gala weekend.
- The winning photo will be displayed at NIAF’s 43rd Anniversary Gala Weekend, on the NIAF website, and on NIAF’s social media.
- The winning photo will be featured in the 2018 Winter issue of NIAF’s Ambassador magazine, published in early December.
- The winner will receive a one-year associate membership to NIAF (transferable).
Second Prize: Five Second Prize winners will each receive a one-year associate membership to NIAF (transferable). Second prize images will be displayed at NIAF’s 43rd Anniversary Gala Weekend, on the NIAF website, on NIAF’s social media, and in the 2018 Winter issue of NIAF’s Ambassador magazine, published in early December.
For more information about the National Italian American Foundation and its mission, visit www.niaf.org.