Communications and Social Media Manager
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF)
The Communications and Social Media Manager is responsible for conveying NIAF’s internal and external messages, effectively describing and promoting the organization and its programs, creating and managing all social media content, building social media campaigns aligned with NIAF’s mission and engaging our audience and community to grow NIAF’s memberships annually.
Additionally, as the Communications Manager, this individual will assist the NIAF Editor in all aspects of planning, writing, editing and producing a quarterly magazine, a blog, a monthly eNewsletter, web content and other publications and projects.
- Manages, and produces all copy and graphics for NIAF’s social media platforms (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, Tumblr and Periscope).
- Develops calendar and schedules daily media across NIAF’s channels, ensuring accounts and posts are up-to-date.
- Monitors social media engagement and reports on analytics to increase engagement.
- Writes NIAF’s blog; works directly with guest bloggers to curate additional blog content.
- Creates content for NIAF’s website; maintain an updated website events calendar.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media trends, tools and platforms.
- Creates and curates content for NIAF’s monthly email newsletter, in additional to all other membership and listserv email outreach campaigns.
- Works and researches ways to increase traffic and engagement on all social media platforms, and to support fundraising and marketing campaigns.
- Assists NIAF Editor in the production of NIAF’s publications and advertising, including NIAF’s Ambassador magazine, annual reports, promotional materials, etc.
- Writes features and articles for NIAF’s Ambassador magazine. Copy edits and proofs magazine.
- Works directly with writers, artists, external stakeholders, branches of U.S. government, and international dignitaries on collaborative marketing campaigns.
- Serves and assists as a representative of NIAF at official and social events.
- Develop and produce high-quality, informative and accurate press releases
- Identifies media and press opportunities
- Provides press kits and related materials
- Maintains an up to date press database
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years professional social media experience
- Hands-on experience using social media for brand awareness and storytelling
- Writing, copy editing and proofing experience
- Possesses a strong eye for detail and research
- Ability to plan, prioritize, monitor and respond to changes quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and monitor several projects and accounts on a daily basis
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
- Excellent media relations skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop and InDesign, and knowledge and skills in photography
- Experience in Google Analytics, Google AdWords and SEO preferred
- Nonprofit or fundraising experience a plus
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge of, and passion for, Italian culture, Italy and the Italian American community. Fluency in Italian a plus.
Who You Are: creative, self-starting, organized, upbeat, personable and dedicated worker. Salary based on experience and qualifications. Some night and weekend work are required; position is located in Washington, D.C.
Please email cover letter and resume’ to email@example.com
Please no phone calls.