Title: Assistant Director of Programs
Reports to: Director of Programs
The Assistant Director of Programs is a full-time position providing support to the Director of Programs in areas including administrative processes, creating and implementing new educational and cultural programs, assisting in the scholarship cycle, scheduling, preparation for and reporting on meetings, events and projects, correspondence, document management and telecommunications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly support the Director of Programs in all administrative processes including the scholarship cycle.
- Help process receipt and conduct initial evaluation of scholarship applications for completeness and eligibility requirements.
- Help translate, plan and execute NIAF’s Scholarship Program and managing the outside scholarship programs administered by NIAF, including Matching Scholarship programs.
- Draft, prepare, and distribute correspondence.
- Help strengthen youth activities.
- Prepare materials for meetings, such as agendas, handouts, binders or reports.
- Serve as a liaison on behalf of the Director of Programs, as requested.
- Collaborate with the Director of Programs on projects related to the foundation activities, events and programs.
- Handle telephone and email inquiries and respond as directed and appropriate.
- Assist with projects as assigned.
- Participate in foundation activities as assigned.
- Assist with daily office management, as requested.
Requirements and Traits
- Bachelor’s degree
- Written and oral fluency in Italian is a must
- Knowledge and passion for the Italian culture and Italian American community is a must
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong oral, written and communication skills; accurate typing, proofreading and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects/assignments
- Positive, energetic, professional, personable, team player and ability to effectively communicate with high level executives, Board members and the public.
- Demonstrated commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
- High standard of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Experience working in a senior administrative position
- Experience in the non-profit field a plus
For inquiries, please contact NIAF’s Director of Programs, Gabriella Mileti at firstname.lastname@example.org